Author project starfighter 1.0.0 for mos
Admin

Post_IconPosted: 2003-05-27 01:29   
hello,

I have compiled project starfighter 1.0.0 for mos, a nice 2D shoot game using SDL.

download at:
http://dasixk.free.fr/starfighter-1.0.0-mos.lha

Enjoy,
SixK

View Profile of Admin   Email Admin   Goto the website of Admin   Div   Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Anonymous
Unregistered User
Post_IconPosted: 2003-06-18 14:24   
I have a problem with Project: Starfighter. After defeating Battle Kline in the second solar system (probably the last mission of that system), the 'Mission Completed' screen appears, but then the game hangs. I found no way to continue from that screen.

Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Admin

Post_IconPosted: 2003-06-19 00:07   
Well, I didn't gone so far in the game, but I have noticed unstabilities.
The best advice I can give is to don't forget to save after each missions.

I think problems with SDL library come from a bug in SDL AHI sound support since each games compiled with sound support are less or more unstable.
Sadly, I don't have the skill to make changes in the SDL source code.

you will have to wait for someone to do a better SDL port to see what is after the crash

SixK

[ This Message was edited by: Admin on 2003-06-19 00:08 ]

View Profile of Admin   Email Admin   Goto the website of Admin   Div   Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Anonymous
Unregistered User
Post_IconPosted: 2003-06-19 03:52   
Indeed the sound somehow was the problem. I played the mission in question with the nosound option and everything worked fine. So, thank you for the hint :-)
Another issue I noticed is that the colors are wrong (blue <-> red) on 24/32 bit screens. On 8 bit screens the colors fit.

Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Admin

Post_IconPosted: 2003-06-20 00:53   
yes this problem is a known problem (at least by myself) of SDL amiga.
It does it with all SDL Games on amiga. Maybe this come from a mistake from Gabry in color conversions.

Everything is ok with a 16 bits workbench in fact.

SixK

[ This Message was edited by: admin on 2003-06-20 01:59 ]

Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic